IPBC calendar of blue carbon events
IPBC Partners are working together to connect and share expertise on blue carbon with the global community through events, workshops and knowledge exchange sessions.
- This event has passed.
Nature-based solutions to climate change: helping people, the environment, and the planet
06/11/2021 @ 8:05 am - 9:00 am UTC
Host: The Government of Australia
Facilitator: Australia’s Ambassador for the Environment, Mr Jamie Isbister
Australia is expanding its support for nature-based solutions to climate change. Investing in ecosystems such as forests and mangroves is critical in addressing the world’s climate change mitigation and adaptation challenges. Our global blue carbon initiatives are already building momentum.
The launch of Australia’s new Climate Resilient by Nature program and Blue Carbon Accelerator Fund are opportunities to bring together governments, NGOs, private investors, researchers and international organisations and accelerate action on biodiversity, sustainable livelihoods, community resilience and climate change.
- Australian Minister for the Environment, the Hon. Sussan Ley
- Australia’s Ambassador for the Environment, Mr Jamie Isbister
- PNG’s Minister for Environment, Conservation and Climate Change, the Hon. Wera Mori
- WWF’s Global Leader of Climate & Energy, Mr Manuel Pulgar-Vidal
- Director of IUCN’s Global Marine and Polar Programme, Ms Minna Epps
Partners are encouraged to submit new events for the calendar which will be considered by the Coordinator Team. Please include a photograph where possible.