IPBC calendar of blue carbon events
IPBC Partners are working together to connect and share expertise on blue carbon with the global community through events, workshops and knowledge exchange sessions.
- This event has passed.
The IPBC: Working together to deliver outcomes for climate, the environment and people
06/11/2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+0
Host: The International Partnership for Blue Carbon
Facilitator: Dr. Kirsten Isensee, IPBC Coordinator Team, IOC-UNESCO
The International Partnership for Blue Carbon (IPBC) celebrates its growth to reach 50 Partners from government agencies, NGOs, research institutions and intergovernmental organisations. With a joint vision to protect, sustainably manage and restore global coastal blue carbon ecosystems, Partners are helping each other by sharing knowledge and expertise, building collaborations and working together to tackle policy issues and barriers to the implementation of blue carbon projects. This event provides opportunity for you to engage with IPBC Partners, hear their reflections on how partnerships are supporting positive outcomes and find out more about the new Blue Carbon Accelerator Fund.
Speakers and Panellists
• Dr. Vladimir Ryabinin, IOC-UNESCO
• Dr. Melanie Kaebernick, IPBC Coordinator, Australia
• Prof. William Austin, Scottish Blue Carbon Forum on behalf of the Scottish Government
• Prof. Catherine Lovelock, University of Queensland, Australia
• Ms. Dorothee Herr, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
• Dr. Emily Pidgeon, Conservation International
• Mr. Jerker Tamelander, Secretariat of the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar)
Partners are encouraged to submit new events for the calendar which will be considered by the Coordinator Team. Please include a photograph where possible.